Here’s a really quick chicken recipe that’s a one-dish meal, ready in about 30 to 40 minutes. And with the warm weather months ahead, that’s perfect for supper after a day outside enjoying yourself!
The trick: cook the white rice on one burner while the main dish is going on a second. Then everything’s ready at the same time.
- White Rice- Cook as directed, amount is per your needs
- 6 or 7 Chicken Tenderloins, cut in half on diagonal
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets, washed and stems removed.
- 2 Scallions. Sliced but do not use the last 2 inches of greenest ends
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil- I like “Light”
- 2 tbls Butter
- ½ lb ( or more if you prefer) Sugar Snap Peas, washed
- 1 cup G-Free Chicken Broth
- 1 tbls Bragg’s Liquid Aminos ( Natural Soy Sauce Alternative)
- Dash of Salt & Pepper
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder. (Not Garlic Salt)
- 1 Teas. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 tbls Cornstarch
Put up the rice, as we said, to be cooking while you’re making the chicken-broccoli dish.
In large skillet, heat the olive oil and butter. When melted, saute the chicken tenders on a low to medium heat until a golden tinge, and there’s some golden-brown bits in the pan from the butter.
Remove chicken to a plate, but keep the butter-residue in the pan.
In that, saute the scallions first, then add the peas and broccoli. Saute for about 3-4 minutes until starting to get a golden color.
Replace the chicken to the pan. I work it in 2 parts, but you can fit all of the ingredients in at once if you like.)
Add the broth, spices, amino liquid, and cover pan.
Simmer on low for about 10 minutes.
Remove cover and pour out about ½ cup of liquid into a measuring cup or small bowl.
Add the cornstarch and hand-blend until combined.
Add to the skillet and replace pan on low heat. Cover and heat for another 5-7 minutes until it only thickens a little. You should have a gravy-like liquid now. Shut heat.
Rice should be done and you’re ready to plate.
Quick! One-Dish! Ready to go!!