I made a salad that’s out of this world interesting and packed full of vitamins, minerals, and iodine, which helps balance your body’s sodium to water ratio.
For the salad, you’ll need:
- 1 lb kelp noodles
- 3 stalks Lacinto or other variety of kale
- small handful each cilantro, mixed greens, pea shoots, and micro radish
- 2 carrots, cut into your favorite shape
- 1/4 cucumber, diced
- 3 Easter radishes, sliced then cut in half
- salad spinner (optional but amazing)
For the dressing, you’ll need:
- 8 blackberries, washed
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 lemon wedge (we’re using the whole thing, not just squeezing the juice out)
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- food processor or blender
Place the kelp noodles, kale, cilantro, mixed greens, pea shoots, and micro radish in your salad spinner and fill it with cool, filtered water. Use your fingers to pull the kelp noodles apart (you may even want to tear them a little bit, as they are really long) and to tear the rest of the greens into smaller pieces. Pour out the water, then spin that baby to remove the excess.
Remove the basket from the salad spinner and rinse the bowl with cool water. Put the contents of the basket into the bowl, and add the rest of your salad ingredients.
Combine dressing ingredients in your food processor or blender, and give it a whirl! You’ll want to let this really incorporate together to get the smoothest consistency possible.
Serves at least 8, and keeps in the fridge for a few days. Store the dressing separately in a glass jar for best freshness. Enjoy!