OMG! Talk about fast & easy! This meal can literally be on the table in 20 minutes…maybe even less.
I recently recommended a new gluten free pasta, “Al Dente Pasta Company”, whose Spinach pasta spirals were used here. If you have a garlic clove in the fridge, & pick up a pkg of frozen peas or peas & carrots, then you can make this yummy dish in a flash! (Recipe’s are on pkgs.) I went dairy-free, & used Coconut Milk, but if that’s not a concern then use whole milk or Half & Half with some grated Italian Cheese and voila! Or Presto! There you have it!
- 1 8oz Pkg Spinach Pasta.
- 1 Garlic Clove. Use a large one and mince it.
- 1 tbl Butter or Substitute.
- ¾ cup Half & Half, Milk or Coconut Milk (if dairy-free)
- 1 pokg frozen Peas or Peas & Carrots. NOT in a sauce. Get plain.
- Dash of Salt
- Freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- Dash of Nutmeg. Only a dash…not too much.
- 2 tbl Grated Cheese like Parmesan or Romano.
Put up a large pot of salted water for the Pasta.
While that’s coming to a boil, take a small saucepan and melt the butter, then saute the Garlic until fragrant. NOT browned. ‘
Add the Milk or Substitute, and simmer for 3-4 minutes on low heat.
Add the Salt, Pepper and Nutmeg.
When the Pasta has been cooking for about a minute, add the frozen Peas and cook together with the Pasta. After about 2 minutes, test pasta for doneness.
When al dente, drain and put in the cream sauce. Combine well and when plated in a big bowl, add the Cheese on top. Of course, pass more cheese at the table for additional servings. So Fast and so Good. Thanks “Al Dente”. We loved it!