This is one of those “spur-of-the-moment” recipes born out of necessity! I needed a biscuit or roll, and remembered that box of Gluten Free Bisquick in the pantry. Tahdah! You can make it dairy-free as well, which is what I did, but if dairy isn’t a concern, then by all means use real Cheddar Cheese. The ham I used is G-F Prosciutto. In this neck of the woods, Boar’s Head makes all gluten free products, & you really only need 2 slices, so that certainly doesn’t break the bank. And it keeps if wrapped well.
Ingredients: Yield 8 to 10 biscuits.
- 2 cups Gluten Free Bisquick
- 2 Jumbo or 3 Large Eggs
- 1/3 cup Butter or Margarine. Use it cold.
- 2/3 cup Milk or substitute. I used coconut milk.
- ½ cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese.(I used Daiya. It comes shredded or whole)
- 2 Slices G-Free Prosciutto, minced. Or your Ham of choice.
- Dash of Freshly ground Black Pepper
Directions: Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place the Bisquick in a bowl and cut in the cold butter. Using a pastry blender tool or a fork combine till small crumbs are formed. Easy to do.
Add the rest of ingredients and keep combining until you see the bits of Ham & Cheese throughout.
Place on an ungreased sheet and bake at 400 degrees until golden. Ovens vary, so watch them. Mine took 18 minutes. Done!
Serve hot with something yummy to spread on them when cut in half.
A great accompaniment to soup, stew,…Oh, who am I kidding? They’re good with anything or just alone with coffee!!