I was thinking about grilling some Boneless Chicken Breasts, but didn’t want that same old BBQ Sauce flavor. So I gave it some thought, put together these ingredients and was very pleased with the flavor I got. So…maybe there are times when you happen to be in the same mood; grill-work but not BBQ-taste! Hope you enjoy these tastes!!
I marinated the meat for 1 hour in a zippered plastic bag in the fridge. Have more time? Even better. But 1 hour still released great flavor!
- ¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/1/2 teas. Dijon Mustard ( or a flavored mustard of choice)
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Lg. Garlic Cloves, crushed REALLY well, almost to a paste
- 1/8 teas. Onion Powder
- 1 tbl. Honey
- Juice of ½ Lime
- Zest of that half Lime. Only the outer green area, the white below is bitter.
- 1/3 cup Light Brown Sugar
- Dash of Thyme. If using fresh, then just the leaf area. No stems, please
- 1/8 teas. Oregano.
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Pretty simple: Prepare everything, mix in a large bowl, then pour into that Zippered Bag. Add the Chicken and Seal.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, try to turn over once during the marinating time so as to soak everything.
CAUTION: Be sure to DISCARD this marinade once you take the meat out. You cannot use as a sauce, or for basting while grilling. It has Bacteria in it from RAW Chicken!!!
Grill Chicken to 165 degrees internal temp. So tasty, I think you’ll be using it during the winter months as you grill indoors as well!!