If you decide to prepare this delicious chicken dish, and don’t want to spend a lot, then watch for sales on these &/or buy the smallest size Orange Marmalade and the tiniest size can of Crushed Pineapple or Chunks. Whatever you don’t use here, refrigerate for another recipe. There are a few dishes you can make with Pineapple, and Orange Marmalade always goes yummy with Cornbread. I even have a cornbread recipe here that’s semi-homemade. Aha, there’s a logic to my madness!!
Okay, here’s what you’ll need:
- 3 tbl Extra Virgin Olive Oil ( I always use “light”)
- 4-5 pieces Chicken Thighs or pieces
- 3 to 4 tbls Orange Marmalade ( Read ingredients for gluten-free purposes)
- ½ of a fresh Orange, squeezed for Juice
- 1 tbl Orange Zest
- 1 Scallion, chopped, using only the white part. Discard all green section or save for another use.
- 2 tbls crushed canned Pineapple
- 2 teas. Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Heat oven to 400 degrees.
Rinse and pat dry the chicken parts. In a large skillet, heat the oil and then place the parts, skin-side down and cook till a golden crust. Only cook 1 side. This is only done to crisp up the pieces.
Remove and Set aside.
In a bowl, combine the third through remaining ingredients and combine well. Pour half of this glaze into a heavy oven-proof pan and coat bottom with it.
Add the chicken pieces on top, and then spoon the remaining glaze over the chicken.
Cook in the oven for 30 minutes for thighs. For larger pieces like breasts, it may be longer, so check for doneness. The glaze on the bottom will start to brown, but that’s ok. We aren’t using it later, only the chicken will be removed to plate.
Serve warm with you favorite sides.